The Ritz foot measuring stick quickly measures the width as well as the length of shoes required. A glance at the front gives you the length, a glance at the back gives you the width.
Item number: ACCS-00170
1. Seat the patient near the edge of a chair so that both feet are resting flat on the floor. Lay the Ritz stick along the medial side of the foot on its' side. Do not have the patient stand on the Ritz stick. The stationary side of the Ritz stick should be lightly touching the heel. Slide the measurement indicator forward until it rests against the longest toe. Press the metal slide stop to hold the slide in place. (fig. 1)
2. While still holding the metal slide stop in place, note the length of the foot under the appropriate gender. (Men's length on left, Women's length on right.) In this example, the patient has a foot length of 8. (fig. 2)
3. Turning the Ritz stick over, place the stationary guide lightly against the lateral side of the foot at the widest area of the foot. (fig. 3)
4. Slide the measurement indicator so that it is touching the medial side of the foot. Press metal slide stop to hold in place and turn Ritz stick over to indicate width number. In this case the width is a 17. (fig. 4)
5. Repeat steps 1-3 for both feet in a standing position. NOTE: A total of 8 measurements will be taken. Two on each right and left foot from a sitting position and two on each right and left foot from a standing position. (fig. 5)
6. Turning Ritz stick back over, view the width chart. Find the longest length (in this example the longest length is an 8) and find the width number directly below that length number. Follow the row of the width number to the right to identify the width of the shoe. Example, this woman is a size 8 width A or Medium width. (fig. 6)
The Brannock Device® measures accuracy, is made of quality construction and is simple to use. It incorporates three functional measurements: heel-to-toe, arch, and width.
Item number: ACCS-00252
1. Seat the patient near the edge of a chair so that both feet are resting flat on the floor. Place the patient's foot onto the Brannock Device® with the heel placed firmly in the heel cup. Make sure that the appropriate side of the device is being used, in this case, for women, as the combined Brannock Device® is designed for both genders. With the patient's foot in the Brannock Device®, identify the patient's foot length from heel to toe. Example: This woman's foot is a size 10.
2. Identify the width of the patient's foot by sliding the width guide to the edge of the foot. Make sure the foot is still in the heel cup and that you do not press hard against the edge of the foot. For our example, the person's foot is a Women's 10C.
3. Identify the arch length by moving the medial slide so that it centers on the first metatarsal phalangeal joint (MTP). Typically, this is the widest portion on the medial side of the foot. Example: This woman's foot is a 10C with an arch length of an 11.
4. Repeat steps 2-4 for both feet in a standing position. NOTE: A total of 12 measurements will be taken. Three on each right and left foot from a sitting position and three on each right and left foot from a standing position. Take the longest length measured (in this case, an 11 due to arch length) and this would be the size of the foot. Example: A woman's size 11C.
NOTE: Shoe sizes may vary depending on the last of the shoe
ACOR's seamless, Silver-Lined Diabetic Care socks are a new addition to our line of quality products. Along with all of the unique benefits offered with our X-Static® silver-lined products, these diabetic socks offer a ventilation system that keeps feet cool and dry.
The toes on our diabetic socks are both seamless and irritation-free, which is excellent for those with sensitive feet. The sole absorbs shock and fits comfortably into casual or active shoes. A rich fiber blend of X-Static®, acrylic, nylon and spandex, ACOR Silver-Lined Diabetic Care socks keep your feet very comfortable.
Acor’s Silver Lined Diabetic socks are available in three sizes, either crew sock or quarter sock style, and offer black and white color choices.
ACOR Silver-Lined Socks